- Brush & floss without bleeding gums
- Avoid tooth loss by stopping disease in early stages
- Save on routine care with our membership plan
You know the damage cavities can do to your teeth, but you may not know about the threat posed by infected gums. Gum disease, not decay, is the biggest cause of tooth loss in adults. Our gum disease treatment in Riverview will eliminate infection so your gums can heal and your smile can stay healthy.
Treating gum disease will:
- Relieve discomfort caused by infected gums
- Help protect you against diabetes and other systemic diseases linked to gum disease
- Restore the healthy, pink appearance of your gums
- Prevent disease from reaching a stage where you could lose teeth
- Eliminate bad breath, bleeding gums, and other unpleasant gum disease symptoms
Dr. McDuffie looks for signs of gum disease during every dental exam, so he can treat it in its early and least damaging stage. If you notice symptoms like bleeding gums, don’t wait until your next exam. Call us ASAP at 813-750-0826.
Defeat Gum Disease With a Deep Cleaning
When bacteria gets in between your teeth and gums, it creates “pockets” where more bacteria collects. Left untreated, gums pull away from your teeth, and the bacteria and inflammatory response begin to affect connective tissue and bone. Before that happens, we can remove bacteria with a two-part treatment called scaling and root planing. Dr. McDuffie will:
- Gently but thoroughly remove bacteria from above and below your gumline
- Smooth your tooth roots, making it difficult for bacteria to accumulate in the tough-to-clean area at your gumline
Prevent Gum Disease With Routine Dental Care
The best way to prevent gum disease is with daily brushing and flossing, supplemented with regular dental cleanings at our office. We recommend visiting us at least every six months for a cleaning. Our Boyette Dental Membership Plan covers two cleanings and exams a year. Plus, you’ll receive a 20 percent discount on our other services – with no insurance hassles like waiting periods or annual benefit limits.
For gum disease treatment in Riverview, call us today at 813-750-0826.