For some people, wisdom teeth don’t cause any problems. None of us really needs this third set of molars, and in fact, they can be left alone as long as they don’t pose any risks to your oral health. But when they do become an issue, Dr. McDuffie may suggest a wisdom teeth removal in Riverview.Get proactive and comfortable care Read Transcript
So, wisdom teeth removal has become almost a right of passage. It's a part of coming to adulthood. Probably 85% of the population doesn't have their wisdom teeth anymore. It's a function of, as we're evolving, our jaws are getting smaller and we don't have room for those teeth anymore. It's an important thing to understand that when you're young, your bone is flexible and also, your tooth may be not completely formed and so there's less tooth to take out, which involves creating a smaller wound. So we try to be more proactive and preventative in removing wisdom teeth versus waiting until they come in and create big problems because you don't heal as well the older that you get. So there's a lot of reasons to be proactive.
We perform wisdom teeth removals all the time at Boyette Dental to:
- Solve overcrowding for future orthodontic treatment or prevent teeth from moving
- Prevent issues like decay, cavities, and gum disease in these hard-reach-places
- Relieve the pain of wisdom teeth that don’t erupt in the right position
- Make good oral hygiene and better dental health easier to achieve and maintain
If you’ve been considering a wisdom teeth extraction, trust the expertise of Dr. McDuffie and call us at 813-750-0826 for an appointment.
Lower the Risk for Dental Problems With Wisdom Teeth Surgery
Dr. Seth McDuffie has become quite the expert at removing wisdom teeth, since this is a routine procedure at Boyette Dental. He may recommend extracting these back molars to lower your risk for complications like:
- Impacted Teeth – Any time a wisdom tooth can’t erupt properly, it can become impacted. This is quite painful and can allow bacteria to infect your gums and damage the jawbone.
- Poor Oral Health – When you brush and floss, certain places inside your mouth are harder to reach, especially wisdom teeth. This makes it more likely you’ll develop tooth decay, cavities, and gum disease.
- Overcrowded/Crooked Teeth – Your wisdom teeth don’t erupt until your teens. By that time, there may not be adequate room to accommodate them without pushing other teeth out of position. To avoid problems with oral function or your smile’s appearance, it’s often best to remove them, especially if you have future plans to undergo orthodontic treatment.
If you’re nervous about dental procedures, we want to put your mind at ease by ensuring your comfort with blankets, pillows, and other amenities, as well as your choice of dental sedation to maximize relaxation during your extraction.
Call Boyette Dental today at 813-750-0826 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Seth McDuffie for wisdom teeth removal in Riverview, FL.