While some people still use the term “false teeth” to describe dentures, our lifelike restorations don’t look fake. Modern materials used for today’s dentures look more like natural teeth, so they blend easily into your smile. In addition to a natural appearance, our Riverview dentures will give you:Regain health and confidence with dentures Read Transcript
Dentures are an opportunity to help people who are missing most or all of their teeth. This is a great opportunity to do some aesthetic dentistry. People don't oftentimes think of dentures as aesthetic dentistry, but when people lose their teeth, they lose the bone that supports that teeth. And what'll happen is they'll get some, what we call, mid-face deficiency here, or their face will look like it's sunken in. And they also lose some vertical dimension it's called, or the height of the lower face because they've lost the teeth. And so you have the opportunity to open them back up, restore that vertical dimension. You have the ability to build out the lips and give them support. And you have the ability to place the teeth in a position where you can see as much normal tooth structure as you would in a healthier younger person. And it gives the people a ton of confidence.
I've even replaced dentures that people have existing, and they've been completely surprised at the aesthetic outcome that we can make. So it's not ... they come in and they just want their denture remade just because the other one was old or they wanted a second set. And then we make the other look so much better that they don't want to use their old one. People need to stay nourished. They don't want to suffer from malnourishment. If they can only eat certain soft foods, they won't have a well rounded diet and they won't get the vitamins and minerals that they need. So it's important to get them healthy teeth-wise, but it helps to keep them healthy overall.
- Fuller cheeks and facial structure, so your face looks younger
- Improved chewing ability, so you can enjoy more kinds of food
- The confidence that comes from having a full and attractive smile
- The ability to speak more clearly, so others can understand you
Ready to fill out your smile? Call us today at 813-750-0826.
Enjoy the Benefits of Dental Implant Dentures
- Stronger Bite – With a bite nearly as strong as what you had with healthy teeth, you’ll be able to eat anything you want.
- No Worries About Slippage – Implants actually fuse to the bone in your jaw. So when Dr. McDuffie attaches replacement teeth to them, they won’t move. You won’t need adhesive to secure your teeth.
- Greater Comfort – Since they stay firmly in place and won’t slip around, implant dentures won’t irritate your gums.
- Ease of Care – Some implant dentures require no more than brushing and flossing to keep clean. Plus, you may never need to have them relined to adjust the fit.
- Stronger Jaw – With implants in your jaw, your bone won’t shrink like it would without your teeth. That’s because implants stimulate your jaw just like natural tooth roots do.
You’ll need a strong jaw to receive implants. Your jaw may lack strength if it’s been a while since you lost teeth. Dr. McDuffie can perform a bone graft, if needed, to encourage bone growth and strengthen your jaw.
Choose Conventional Dentures Instead
If you’re worried about affordability or would rather not receive a bone graft, you may want to choose conventional dentures instead. You have several options:
- Full Removable Dentures – These are a popular and affordable option for replacing all of your teeth.
- Removable Partial Dentures – If you still have some teeth and would rather not remove more to accommodate full dentures, partial dentures may be a better choice.
- Immediate Dentures – These replacement teeth allow you to smile right away after an extraction and can also help your mouth heal.
- Transitional Partial Dentures – Similar to immediate dentures, you’ll wear these right away after an extraction.