- Metal-free fillings mean no worries about mercury
- Smile freely with tooth-colored composite fillings
- Save on fillings with our membership club
Even with good oral hygiene, most of us will have at least one or two cavities in our lifetime. Fortunately, we can repair many cavities with tooth fillings in Riverview. At Boyette Dental, we use composite instead of metal for fillings. Compared to metal (amalgam) fillings, they are:
- Discreet – Unlike metal, we can match tooth-colored composite to your other teeth so your dental fillings will blend in easily with your smile.
- Less Invasive – Dr. McDuffie won’t have to remove as much tooth structure to place composite fillings, so they are easier on your teeth.
- Mercury-Free – The FDA and the American Dental Association say the small amount of mercury in metal fillings is safe. But some studies have raised questions about its long-term effects. Since it’s easy to avoid mercury, we prefer not to use it.
Suspect you may have a cavity? Call us today at 813-750-0826.
Choose the Right Dental Restoration for the Job
A dental filling isn’t always the right restoration for the job. Depending on the size of your cavity and the overall condition of your tooth, Dr. McDuffie may use a:
- Dental Crown – Since it covers your entire tooth, a dental crown works better than a filling to repair large cavities.
- Inlay or Onlay – These restorations cover more of your tooth than a dental filling but less than a crown. So we may be able to mend your cavity while removing less tooth structure. You won’t need to wear a temporary crown!
No matter which restoration we use to repair your dental damage, you’ll enjoy a 20 percent discount on restorative dentistry if you participate in our Boyette Dental Membership Plan.
Avoid Cavities With Preventive Dental Care
Of course, we suggest preventive dental care to prevent cavities:
- Dental Cleanings – Using professional equipment, we’ll remove the plaque that is easy to miss with daily home brushing and flossing.
- Fluoride Treatments – Applying fluoride strengthens tooth enamel so it will be more resistant to decay.
- Dental Sealants – Thin layers of plastic applied to the tops of teeth provide a barrier against cavity-causing bacteria.
- Dental Exams – Regular exams allow us to find cavities when they are small and simple to treat with no more than a filling.
For tooth fillings in Riverview, call Boyette Dental at 813-750-0826.